Lord’s Supper (Communion)
The Lord’s Supper commemorates the broken body and shed blood of Jesus Christ. Therefore we regularly partake of bread and grape juice that symbolizes the body and blood of Jesus. If you are shut-in and unable to attend our services our pastors and elders will gladly come to where you are and serve you!
Jesus commanded us to be baptized in water. This act enables Christians to identify with the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord. We believe that this act of obedience is a public testimony to the internal work of salvation and grace. We baptize on a monthly basis. Please complete the form or contact our office to be baptized.
Southside Worship provides ministry for those who desire to be married. We provide pre-engagement counseling, premarital counseling to those who desire to be married. Completion of counseling is required prior to our ministry staff conducting a marriage ceremony. We advise that you do not set your marriage date with an assumption that the church facility will be available.
If you have desired wedding date in mind follow these procedures:
- Contact our office to inquire of facility availability. Reserve the facility.
- Schedule and complete pre-marital counseling with our ministry staff.
- Work with our event coordinator regarding the use of our facility for your special day.
Southside Worship Center provides services to families who have lost a loved one. Most funerals are held in our sanctuary. Our office staff confirms all aspects of the celebration of your loved one’s life prior to the date of the funeral. We assist with: the service order, the obituary, burial, etc. We are here to comfort all families in times of transition.
If you desire to have a funeral at our church please follow these procedures:
- Contact our office to confirm that the church facility will be available at your desired times prior to scheduling the times and date with the funeral home. Do not schedule the funeral date and time to be held at our facility without first confirming the date and time with our office staff.
- Talk with our event coordinator regarding the needs and details of the service, so that our staff may accommodate (as desired and/or requested).
- Please note that our senior pastor (or an appointed ministry staff designee) serves as the officiant for funeral services for church members that are held at our church.
We dedicate children of the members of Southside Worship Center on the first Sunday of the month during our 11:00am service. To dedicate your child you must register your child and family for this special occasion. Our dedications entail special prayer for the child, prayer for the parents as well as a covenant commitment of the parents.